Beautiful shiny hair is a kin to beauty and health. However, many people experience unjustified hair loss, which negatively affects their social life and self-perception. Hair loss can be attributed to several reasons, including hormonal changes, dandruff, exposure to chemicals, side effects of strong drugs, side effects of radiation therapy, and more. Sometimes, hair loss can be the most visible aspect of some serious diseases, inadequate nutrition or severe physical conditions.
Reasons for Hair Loss:
- Stress and associated hormonal changes
- Side effects of some drugs
- Poor health of the liver, kidneys and other internal organs
- Dandruff and other skin diseases
- Incomplete nutrition – lack of protein, minerals (such as zinc) and vitamins
- Exposure to chemicals
- Excessive use of shampoo, soap
- Application of too much or too little oil
Types of Hair Loss:
Hair loss can be categorized into different types depending on the nature of hair loss.
- Alopecia areata is characterized by a loss of hair in circles. This is mainly induced by stress and mental trauma. Certain physical conditions such as systemic lupas erythematosus (SLE) may also be the cause of this condition.
“Some types of hair loss are temporary, and others are permanent.”
- Total alopecia is characterized by total hair loss from the head, leaving behind the bald head and even the sterile eyebrows. The skin of the head becomes smooth.
- Diffuse alopecia has unhealthy, thin and short hair.
- Trichotillomania is another common disease in children. It is characterized by the fact that they pull their hair and eat it. Children do it without their knowledge and the hair they eat can stay in the stomach like a hairball, resulting in pain.
- Androgenetic alopecia is one of the most common type of hair loss in men. This is caused by excessive activity of the androgen, a hormone. Women too can suffer from this problem.
Holistic Diet to Prevent Hair Loss:
Each nutrient that contributes to the normal functioning of the body is also necessary for the proper growth of the hair. Protein, carbohydrates, lipids (fats), minerals and vitamins also play an important role in the body’s functioning and hair growth. Inadequate nutrition first affects the hair.
Essential foods to take to Prevent Hair loss
Take a mixture of everything in moderation!
Include in your diet a good mix of everything listed below. Take a mixture of everything in moderation. Turmeric longa, cumin seed, etc. are good spices for preparing food. Similarly, gooseberry (Embellica officinale), raisins, peas (green peas), etc. also promote good physical health and hair growth.
- Green and colorful vegetables
- Complete rice and wheat
- Roots rich in carbohydrates – tapioca, sweet potato, etc.
- Milk and dairy products
- Fruits – especially orange, grapes and other slightly acidic fruits
However, the quality of the atmosphere, soil, etc. under which the plants grow, also affects the quality of the food you take. Food crops are grown with excessive use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, etc. have a very limited quality.
Foods to Avoid
If you care about your hair and your physical health, avoid the following points.
- Soft drink
- Fast food
- Overcooked food
- Processed foods (canned, packaged)
Okay, these items are good for your language. However, what is good for your tongue may not be good for your body, your blood, and your hair.
Hair Care Precautions:
Note the following points to take good care of your hair.
- Gently dry your hair with a clean towel after bathing
- Always use a clean comb
- Do not comb wet hair
- Do not paint your hair too often
- Comb your hair in the direction of their growth and not against
Do not use shampoos containing chemicals – the best option is a natural shampoo made from hibiscus leaves, henna, crushed green peas, etc.
“Apply enough oil to hair 30 minutes before bathing – coconut oil, sesame oil, etc.”
Be gentle on your hair. Do not rub your hair violently and use the hairdryer sparingly. Shampoos containing chemicals actively destabilize your hair. You can prepare a natural herbal shampoo from materials available in your garden and it is better than any shampoo for which you pay big prices.
Ayurvedic means for the Care and Growth of Hair
Onion Juice for natural hair growth is a time-tested and popular solution for hair fall.
Ayurveda suggests different hair oils for healthy hair growth. Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis) is a major component of Ayurvedic hair oils. Massage your scalp with these oils and you can see hair growth healthier.
Treatments for Hair Loss
incorporate prescriptions, medical procedure to advance hair development and moderate male pattern baldness.
Allopathic medicine has quite a few treatments for hair loss, listed below.
- Minoxidil – this drug prescribed for blood pressure is also prescribed for hair loss. Apply the medicine on your scalp. The efficiency is 10-20%. The hair loss will come back once you stop using the drug.
- Finasteride – this medication usually prescribed for prostate enlargement is a convenient treatment against hair loss. A temporary loss of libido and a drop in sperm quality are the usual side effects of using this medication. Women should not use this because it could lead to women giving birth to a disabled child.
- Hair Transplantation – The hair of one part of the head is transplanted into other parts of the growth of rare hair. Band incisions, laser grafts, punch grafts, etc. are the main types of hair transplant treatments. The possibility that the hair falls in two or three years and that the scars where the hair is caught should be treated.
- Scalp reduction – a kind of plastic surgery that involves removing the skin from the hairless area and stretching the skin of the hair area. Success depends on the hairless area of the head and the elasticity of the skin.
- A hairpiece or a toupee – wigs are attached to the skin without being noticed. May wear out and tear in the long term.
“Tip: To help thicken and regrow your thinning hair, try apple cider vinegar.”
In the case of hair loss, healing is almost impossible and even prevention is difficult. Concentrate on better physical and mental health than on hair loss.